10 Wall Ball
10 Sit up to Press w/Medball
30 Air Squats
10 Push Ups
In honor of the Games of the 31st Olympiad, Saturday’s WOD will be a friendly in-house Olympic lifting competition.
There will only be one class: it will start at 10am (after Boot Camp) and go until we are finished. Please do not show up at 11. We will warm up and start the competition at 10:30.
Here’s how it will work:
- Athletes will be categorized by weight class. Men and women each have three weight classes:
- Men: 150lbs and under; 151-199; 200+
- Women: 125 and under; 126-149; 150+
- There will be six barbells on the floor, one for each of the six weight classes.
- Each athlete gets attempts at three different weights of Snatch and Clean & Jerk.
- Each athlete gets two attempts at each weight, within a 2-minute time period.
- Weight can never be removed from the bar, only added. Weight will be added in predetermined increments.
- All athletes will complete all snatches. Then we will reset and all athletes will complete all Clean & Jerks.
- Judges will award yay or nay on the lifts. Lifts must show complete control overhead. Power versions of lifts are permitted.
- Athletes highest completed Snatch and highest completed C&J are added together for their score. In the event of a tie, the winner will be he or she with the lower body weight.
- We will award gold, silver and bronze medals.
Again, this is a friendly competition. Come compete for the fun of it and to cheer on your friends.