After much thought and discussion with the coaching staff, we have decided that for everyone’s health and safety, we need to hit the pause button. Second Wind is going to temporarily halt group classes. You can workout tonight (Friday at the 5pm class and Open Gym) as normal, and then we are shutting down.

While I believe the risk of contracting the coronavirus in an environment of super-fit people who are hyper-vigilant about cleaning remains very low, it’s not zero. This decision is based on a sense of social responsibility. We are doing our part to “flatten the curve.” If two or three weeks from now it appears the whole country wildly over-reacted, good, that means it worked.

Here’s the good news: you are healthy, fit and the coronavirus is afraid of you.

Here’s What We Are Doing

  • This weekend, a professional cleaner will come in to sanitize and do a thorough deep clean of the entire gym. When we re-open, they will continue to come twice a week.
  • We will continue to provide daily workouts in SugarWOD…these are workouts that you can do at home. (Get yourself an old backpack that you can beat up.)
  • We will closely monitor local and federal guidance, and act accordingly.
  • We will re-evaluate every week.
  • We will stay engaged with you through FacebookInstagram, SugarWOD.
  • We will continue to provide 1-on-1 Personal Training at the gym.
  • We will meet you outside: group runs, hikes, workouts in the park. Stay tuned.

Here’s What You Can Do

  • Continue to workout. This whole thing is stressful enough. Stay on SugarWOD, do the workouts, post your scores. Give virtual fistbumps.
  • Come pick up your jump ropes, tonight if you can. If you can’t tonight, we’ll plan some other times for someone to be there.
  •  Get outside. Hike. Run. Bike. Need an endurance coach? We offer that.
  • Book a Personal Training session with Holly. Or a 30-minute express session.
  • Wash your hands like you just ate crabs.
  • Stay engaged with us through FacebookInstagram and SugarWOD.

There is an unfortunate trickle-down effect to this decision. For a few weeks, we won’t be able to provide you with everything you signed up for. But we will need to continue to pay our bills, and we want to continue paying the coaches for the work they’ll do to engage you while we are closed. We hope you will understand why we ask you keep your membership intact.  We also understand that some of you, too, may be taking a financial hit with the closings and illnesses. If that’s the case, please don’t hesitate to contact us so we can help bridge the gap.

This is certainly not an easy decision for us and we don’t take it lightly. Our goal is to re-open as soon as we can and to keep providing you with the service and community that has become so important to you. Again, we may be over-reacting, but if there is a wildfire nearby, do you wait until it’s on your street to evacuate? We are trying to be proactive and stay ahead of this…for everyone’s health.

Steve & Michelle