Not quite ready for CrossFit, but still want a high intensity, functional workout in a supportive environment? Come try Second Wind Boot Camp class.
What’s the difference between Boot Camp and the CrossFit Workout of the Day?
With CrossFit, we ask you to go through our Foundations program because we do movements which are much more complex, like, for example, Olympic weight lifting (Clean & Jerk and Snatch). Some of these movements can be an exercise in frustration and incompetence, kind of like golf, but with heavier bags to carry.
With Boot Camp there is no Olympic lifting, and in fact, no heavy lifting in general. Yes, we will swing kettlebells and throw medicine balls and use dumbbells and things, but we won’t be setting aside time to lift heavy weights.
Boot Camp workouts, while still high intensity, are meant to be fun and functional. We don’t worry about counting reps or trying to do something as quickly as possible, so it feels a little less competitive.
Whether you have an eye on someday joining the CrossFit classes or not, feel free to come try out a class for free. You are welcome to come drop in or click below to schedule a free No Sweat Intro.
Outdoor Boot Camp classes are every Tuesday at 6:30a, Wednesday at 5:30pm, Thursday at 6:30am, and Saturday at 9:00am.
Ready to Do This?
Step 1 is we meet and have a 10-15 minute conversation about your goals.
Outdoor Boot Camp10 Pack
- 10 Boot Camp classes
- Tuesdays, 6:30am
- Wednesdays, 5:30pm
- Thursdays, 6:30am
- Saturdays, 9:00am
- Expires one year after purchase
- Beginners welcome
- Advance registration required, but there is no cap on class size. Use Pike13 for iPhone, or Pike13 for Android to register.
- Masks not required when working at your mat. Mats are required to be at least 12 feet apart.
- Masks covering nose and mouth required at all times when not at your mat. Neck Gaiters or other thin stretchy synthetic materials are not accepted as masks.
Drop InPay per class
- First class free
- Includes Barbell Bettys classes