Barbell Bettys is a beginner strength training class for women only, coached by women only. The class is open to women of all ages with little to no weight training experience. Our CrossFit Weight Lifting and Level Two certified coaches, Gayle Moseley and Liz Rihani will teach the basics of strength training with weights. Classes focus on one barbell movement at a time (squats, presses, and deadlifts) after a warm up, and end with a workout.
The class will start with hands-on instruction with light weights on proper form and technique. As you gain strength, you will progressively increase loads, always under the watchful eye of our experienced coaches.
Strength training is vital for women for maintaining muscle and bone mass and for burning fat.
This is the perfect class for women who know they should be strength training, but don’t know how to start.
- Sundays 3-4pm (During Open Gym) & 4-5pm (Bettys Only!)
Barbell Bettys10 Pack
- 10 Barbell Bettys classes (women only)
- Sundays 4pm Staring Nov 1, 2020
- Expires one year after purchase
- Beginners welcome
- Advance registration required using Pike13 for iPhone, or Pike13 for Android.
- + Bring a water bottle and sweat towel.
- Wear anything you feel comfortable working out and moving in! Some of our movements are higher impact, so choose your undergarments accordingly. 🙂 We also recommend supportive athletic shoes like cross-trainers.