- All (Outdoor) WODs are now Open Gyms
- Think of Open Gym as a Personal Training Session
- MTW Evenings will have a 4:30, 5:30, and 6:30 time blocks
- Thurs will have a 4:30 and 5:30 only, Fr will stay 5-6p
- Bootcamp will be cancelled in the event of precipitation or wind chill below 36°F, no less than 30 min before class.
The Full Meal Deal:
Just when you thought I’d run out of emails, surprise! *Another* email! Yes, there has been a barrage of communications in the past few weeks, as we have navigated the ever-changing COVID restrictions and the resulting domino effects… but we do have some important new changes coming to the gym.
After careful consideration and most importantly consulting with the coaches, in an effort to provide the best and safest experience for all members, all former WOD classes will now be indoor Open Gyms. Outdoor classes (I still love them!) come with more challenges than benefits as we head into Winter. I want you worrying about fully extending your hips, not how to dress for class. We can always revisit this in the Spring if we’re still in lockdown. For now:
- All classes scheduled at the gym are Open Gyms.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday evening Open Gym reservations will now start at 4:30p, 5:30p, and 6:30p. You will sign up for a time slot the exact same way you reserved your spot in a class via Pike13. You have 50 minutes to workout, and 10 to wipe down, re-assemble your station, and physically exit the gym.
Available time slots:
4:30 – 5:30 pm
5:30 – 6:30 pm
6:30 – 7:30 pm
- Thursday evening times now start at 4:30p and 5:30p.
- BOOT CAMP! Boot Camp classes are not affected by scheduling changes at this time, but we’re updating guidelines so you’ll know whether or not to expect bootcamp to be canceled because of weather:
Boot Camp will be canceled if temperatures are below 36°F and/or in the event of active precipitation.
In the event of last-minute weather changes, Boot Camp coaches will email members signed up for Boot Camp no later than 30-45 min before class if class will be cancelled.
Thank you all for remaining flexible and supporting us as we work through these challenging (and seemingly ever-changing!) times. Please see the below FAQ sheet for answers to some likely questions you may have.
————————————- FAQ ———————————————————-
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I still receive coaching from the coaches during Open Gym?
Answer: Yes! While the Mayor’s orders prevent us from running structured classes inside, coaches will still spend time with each member to ensure they are comfortable and prepared for whatever workout they choose to do that day.
- Will SWCF still provide a suggested WOD?
Answer: Yes! We will still provide suggested WODs, warm-ups, and mobility considerations for the day. The coach on staff during Open Gym will touch base with everyone individually at the start of their session to discuss what workout the member would like to do and any considerations that should be made.
- Will coaches still correct my form or watch my form during Open Gym?
Answer: Yes! Coaches will be walking around and observing everyone throughout the hour to ensure that everyone is moving safely and efficiently.
- Can I do a workout other than what is written on the board?
Answer: Yes! Chat with your coach at the beginning of your session to discuss options and to clarify with them what you will be doing. Keep in mind that we must still follow all COVID precautions and maintain a 10ft perimeter from others while in the gym.
- I’m new and not quite sure what to do or what all the movements are. Will a coach help me figure out what I should be doing?
Answer: Yes! Your coach can give you drills and modify the workout to blend what you *want* to work on with what the coach can see you *need* to work on 🙂
- Can I stay longer than an hour?
Answer: Don’t count on it. If there are only 2-3 members in the gym during your session, and there are only 2-3 people signed up for the next session, then ask. It is possible your coach will allow you to stay a little longer, as long as there are never more than 6 members in the gym at any given time. Please discuss with the coach at the time of your session.
- Will coaches write me workout other than what is on the board?
Answer: Yes, if you ask nicely 😊
- Can I work out outside if I come to Open Gym?
Answer: Depends. Please keep in mind that we have neighbors in the condos above the gym and we need to be cognizant of the noise level we produce, particularly at certain times. Also, there are safety concerns that should be considered when working out outside, especially at night and in the cold. Please discuss with your coach that day to receive a definitive answer.